The Austrian Integration Fund (ÖIF) is a fund of the Republic of Austria and offers integration services on a national level. One of the actions bound to faster integration is their Mentoring program with current an open call for all, who want to join.
“Mentoring for Migrants” is a joint initiative of the ÖIF, the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, and the AMS job market service. The goal is to bring together experienced individuals from the business world – mentors – and people from a migrant background – mentees – and help them become integrated into the Austrian labor market.
Mentors and mentees spend about six months working through activities together to enter the labor market. As experienced business people, mentors can give their partners valuable assistance, advice, and put them in touch with the right people.
What are the application requirements to be a mentee?
• Apprenticeship certificate, high school diploma, or higher education
• Migrant background
• German skills (at least B1)
• In Austria for less than ten years
• Permission to be gainfully employed in Austria
• Unlimited access to the labor market
• Valid and permanent residence title in Austria
• Dedication and interpersonal skills